Sunday, June 3, 2012

Two New Paintings

This weekend I worked small again, coming up with two that I like. The challenge for me always seems to be making these studies larger on canvas. But more on that later. For now, these little ones each signify a departure from my usual color palette.

For the first one, I used cutout pieces of watercolor paper that I painted randomly and collaged them onto a sheet of canvas-textured paper that I had already prepared a while back. I had been experiencing an urge to utilize collage into painting and this is where it took me. Sort of “Reclamation-ish” but without the lengthy prep work. This is how it turned out.

Turn of Events (study)
12" x 12", Acrylic on Paper

The second one was pure color experimentation with a few tubes of paint that just took my fancy. I like how it turned out!

A Touch of Yellow
12" x 12", Acrylic on Paper


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new colors and techniques. Keep exploring!
-marcia