Saturday, June 23, 2012

Right Turn

…and this is how it turned out, the companion piece I spoke of in my last post. Completely different than where it started! When I was initially working on this, it was in a different color scheme, more like The Voyage. Then I got the idea that I wanted to try a more neutral color palette with splashes of red. This is where that notion took this piece, and I really like it. Sometimes it’s good to just get in there and mess the painting up to set it in the right direction. I must try to remember this on larger pieces because sometimes I get too much of a vested interest in a particular section of a painting, even though it’s not working in it’s entirety. Sometimes you just have to let all that go and trudge fearlessly down a new path.

Right Turn
12" x 12", Acrylic on Paper

No comments: