Friday, June 20, 2008

Practice, continued…

I am still feeling inspired to continue with these botanical-themed practice panels. In fact I have started a larger 24" square canvas in this theme and I am also starting a new 15" x 30" Sticks & Stones in this style, much looser and evolutionary than my previous Sticks & Stones paintings. We'll see how that turns out. I'd like to have something new in the Sticks & Stones for the upcoming ad I will be running in next year's Guild Sourcebook along with a Reclamation piece. I have a couple of weeks to get them together. And despite my creative block, I still get in the studio almost daily and sling a bit of paint, even though it may only be for a half an hour. I keep trying… I haven't given it up yet…

Small Botanical Study 2, 12" x 12", 2008, acrylic on canvas panel

Now, when I see the two pieces together, I am more pleased than with just the single piece alone. Somehow they make more sense when they are together:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like these. I like that they focus on blue, instead of green, for the image.