Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wow, Another One Sold from The Artful Home!

Fandangle, 24" x 24", acrylic on canvas, 2008

Well, August has been a banner month! Fandangle makes the 5th painting The Artful Home has sold for me. I do believe this is a record. Anyway, I painted Fandangle earlier this year, it’s sort of "Jumble meets the Reclamations", but I like it. I always thought I might include it in the “Reclamation” body of work and try for an exhibition somewhere, but Fate has made other plans for it. It's on its way to Connecticut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised this isn't a Reclamations; one look and that's immediately what I thought it was. Still, a beautiful piece. :-)

a simple aritst said...

Yes, it has the look of a Reclamation, but it also looks a lot like Jumble. Interestingly, this piece was purchased by the same person that bought Sentiment a couple weeks ago, and I recently referenced Sentiment’s similarity to that group of paintings I unofficially call the "Jumble" series. But the little embellishments on Fandangle make it sort of Reclamation-esque. I'm glad you like it!