Saturday, August 23, 2008

The two in the catalog sold…

Quadrants 1 & 2, 24" x 24" each, 2007


I originally painted these on spec for an art consultant who, it turned out, was not interested in them. Then Image Conscious was interested in making posters and off they went to San Francisco. Yes, they wanted to make reproductions of them! They kept them for a couple months and finally, when I called to inquire about their status, it turned out that they weren’t going to use them after all and they were sent back. I’ve had a couple of inquiries from the trade about them but nothing came of it. Then the Guild (now called the Artful Home) put them up on their retail site and there they sat for nearly a year. I have been rather surprised that they didn’t sell quickly because I think they are good. In fact, I made a whole set of layouts to extend the series but for whatever reason have never continued with them. I used the knife on these and I really like the effect. Some very interesting things are going on in these pieces. Anyway, I’m glad that someone has finally purchased them.

2 comments:

Cameron Steele said...

Hi - could you please post links to your work that is available on the Artful Home - especially work that you highlight in your blog. I'd appreciate it!

a simple aritst said...

No problem, Strong Reference! I'll post a link to it now. The thing is, I only have five paintings on The Artful Home right now. I do have some new work that I have submitted, but The artful Home has been adjusting to a new content management system and they haven't put them up on their site yet. But a few new ones should be up there soon… Thanks for posting!