Saturday, August 30, 2008

More Orders for August

Well, August really is turning into a record-breaking month for me in terms of committed sales. Yesterday, I got a Purchase Order from an art consulting firm I’ve worked with previously. They seem to gravitate toward my Eclipse series, as that is what they commissioned from me last year. This time, they want me to reproduce Eclipse #1 and Eclipse #3. In addition, they have ordered Reclamation #18. Interestingly, in early ‘07, Image Conscious also requested that I reproduce Eclipse #3 . That painting is titled Passage and I still have the original. I just need to embellish it a bit to add back in the bubble wrap texture that Image Conscious specifically wanted left off. So I have one commission and two purchases. In addition to all this, the art consulting firm will be arranging to have reproductions made of the three pieces, 100 each. So in addition to the paintings’ purchase prices, I’ll also receive royalties on their reproductions. Aaaaah, it’s good to have work. This is actually making me feel like an artist today!

Eclipse #3 (2002), and Passage (2007)


Eclipse #3 was sold in ‘02. But I still have Passage. As you can see, the paintings are similar, but I’m going to have to glaze some yellow over areas of Passage and add back in the bubble wrap texture.

Reclamation #18, 12” x 12”, 2005


Eclipse #1, 20” x 20”, 2002


This one was also sold in 2002, so I have to reproduce it as faithfully as I can from my photographs of it. I’ll post its image side-by-side with this one when I’m finished so we’ll see how close I can get. Gotta go paint!

No comments: