Friday, July 13, 2012

Second Time’s the Charm

This piece is entitled Thrice-Twice. That’s because underneath this painting is a whole n’other painting originally entitled Thrice that I painted in ’04. It measures 12" square. It was complete and signed, titled and dated on the back, and I even hung in my home for a time some years ago. But it was just one of those experimental pieces that never really worked, so I decided to paint over! No love lost over Thrice, but as this successor, Thrice-Twice has some things going on that I really like. At least it’s more in keeping with the abstract direction I’ve been going in lately. I have submitted this to the Artful Home’s Studio Sale which begins next week. I am very excited about the Sale! But more on that next week. Hopefully it will sell and embark on its new life free from the storage space.

Thrice-Twice, 2012
Acrylic, tissue paper, pumice gel on canvas


Thrice, 2004
Acrylic on paper adhered to stretched canvas


No comments: