Sunday, July 6, 2008

Friday's Disappointment, Saturday's Success

Friday was a bad painting day, the work in progress just wasn’t going anywhere. But I had gotten an idea for a piece that I thought I could include as a sample in my Guild Sourcebook 2009 ad, so in between bad painting sessions with the one that wasn’t going anywhere, I worked on the assemblage for this piece which I have entitled Interplay. By Saturday, it was ready to receive paint and I was ready to paint something good after Friday’s “disaster” (actually, I believe I can salvage that painting, but that’s a post for another day). Interplay was fun to paint, in fact it was almost magic.

Interplay, 2008, 36” x 12”, acrylic on canvas

Art for the Guild ad is due on the 15th, so I really wanted to include at least one piece that was truly representative of my work, either a Sticks & Stones or a Reclamation. This one obviously falls into the latter category (Reclamations are no longer numerically designated, they now get unique titles) and although there are probably things I would change in terms of layout, I am overall pleased with the outcome. I have decided to include Interplay along with Strata, my other recent favorite. The two are different enough, yet both are indicative of new directions. I even did a layout of the ad in QuarkXpress to see how the page will look:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, in awe. :)