Sunday, May 20, 2012

Whatever happened to…?

I recently had a conversation with someone about how I love to receive photos from the people who buy my paintings showing how my paintings are framed or displayed. I got the urge to locate those photos and here’s what I’ve found.


Sentinel and Rhyme & Reason (2005) were both purchased by the same person and this is how she had them framed.

Back in 2005, I did a lot of Small Works on Paper. They all measured 9" x 12" and I found the process quite freeing. I think this is where my love of working on paper originated. I approach a piece on paper with an eagerness to try anything (after all, it's only paper!), and usually what happens is something good and I'll think, “I wish I could just transfer that onto a canvas!” These next pieces were all in that series and the same person purchased all three. I love how they look framed.

Small Work #19 (top) 
and Small Work #23 with Small Work #24 (bottom)


The customer (an art consulting firm) did not send me the photos below. I found them on their website in a section displaying samples of their corporate installations. These were commissions done in 2008.
Reclamation 28 and Reclamation 29


So, if there is anyone out there reading this who owns a Glenys Porter Original, please send me a photo(s) of how you have it (them) displayed. I would love to see them again!


No comments: