Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Latest Sticks & Stones

Immediately after the paintings in my previous post, I did a couple of Sticks & Stones in this new looser style. These did not happen as "magically" as as those in the previous post. They started off in a completely different color scheme. Then I changed my mind. Then I changed my mind again. They finally ended up here, not as planned, and I still wasn't so sure when I finished them. It took a couple of days, but these really grew on me. Now I wouldn't consider a different color palette for these. I absolutely love them. They are works on paper measuring 20 inches square and were originally painted for consideration by the poster company, who showed no interest whatsoever. Not able to sell these on the Artful Home, I have posted them online elsewhere for sale, where to my continued disappointment there continues to be  no interest. I have decided that if they do not sell by August, I will take them to the local framer and have them professionally framed for my house. I will hang them in the living room side by side and enjoy them myself! So here they are, the latest in my Sticks & Stones series: #s 60 and 61.


No comments: