Monday, May 26, 2008

Stumbling Block

Switching back to figurative work the past few weeks has interrupted what little flow I had going for my abstracts. But I truly enjoyed doing those pieces, in fact continued on with a small piece for my friend Kevin, who’s birthday was last week. I painted “Red-haired Girl" especially for him:



So now I am left a bit torn. I have been doing research, reviewing and updating layouts for my Reclamation series and all the while thinking about doing more figurative pieces. Unfortunately, this split focus results in almost no focus at all and I really haven’t gotten much done this long holiday weekend. Mainly I have been escaping by attending barbeques and the like, avoiding the studio. But I suppose an artist needs some R & R once in a while.

No comments: