Monday, May 21, 2012

My own art collection

After my post yesterday it got me thinking… perhaps people would be interested to know that I also collect art and have for several years. So I think that from time to time I will talk about my art purchases and show pictures of them hanging in my house. This first piece that I will share is a piece I bought about eight or nine years ago. The artist is Sunstone Maria. At one time, she sold her work on eBay and that is where I purchased this piece. The painting is entitled “Saturday Morning” and it measures 24" square. I remember she listed this piece a few times and to my complete surprise, it did not sell. But every time she relisted it, I would watch it. Then one day, she put it on an extreme sale and it was a “Buy It Now”. At this point, I could not pass it up, so I immediately “bought it then”. It’s always a little bit of a gamble with art on eBay. A lot of the artists (at least then) did not know how to color-balance their painting images and I have to admit that a few times an art piece would arrive and I would be very disappointed as the color was no where near what I was expecting. But this piece arrived and was exactly as it had been depicted. I have been happy with it for the past several years and it hangs in my living room above the fake fireplace. Below is a photo of my living room in its entirety, taken a few years ago. I've added a few things, but the art is still the same.

Full view of the living room. Sunstone Maria’s “Saturday Morning” is in the center above the fireplace. The piece on the left is a reproduction (the only reproduction I own) and the three pieces on the right are paintings that I have done.


A closer image of “Saturday Morning”.

I recently did a Google search for Sunstone Maria and was pleased to find that she is still creating art and has a website:
http://sunstonemaria.com/

No comments: