Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Progress of "Inclined to Agree"

I didn't have much time this evening, but I wanted to get a bit of glaze on it so that it would set by tomorrow. I scumbled up a bit in the dark areas and glazed the entire lower half back down with Alizarin Crimson mixed with some Cadmium Red Medium to give it more intensity of color. I love how the red-tinted glaze got caught in all the little crevasses. Now it’s looking truer to my vision. Circles are starting to be added into the upper left quadrant. These will probably almost disappear in the end, ultimately they'll likely just be "ghosts" of circles. And the blue area was a little too intense, so I cut that back with a little white mixed with muted turquoise. The change in that area is subtle, but it is looking much better to me. Sometimes the subtlest shift of hue and value is all that it takes to make me more comfortable with a painting’s progress.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Glenys, I just thought of you so I looked you up on LinkedIn. Your blog is great. Wanted to say hello. If you want to chat about art, give me a call. Happy New Year. Grace Comisso (310)659-9391

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I followed your profile link and found yours! You have beautiful artwork! How come you haven't blogged in a while - too busy painting? Nice to hear from a fellow Angeleno.